We are looking for you to fill our role as Controller to manage the company’s finances, including audited financial statements, corporate filings with securities regulators, and full-cycle accounting. The ideal candidate combines strong financial and accounting acumen with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
We will provide a competitive salary, stock options, and an attractive company benefits package.
Key duties of this role include:
- Preparation of annual and quarterly consolidated financial statements in multi-currencies in accordance with IFRS.
- Preparation of annual and quarterly Management Discussion & Analysis (“MD&A”) in partnership with the Corporate Secretary for TSX filing.
- Assist in annual Form 20-F filing.
- Assist CEO and CFO in responding to BCSC inquires.
- Manage the Company’s payroll and related government remittances.
- Prepare audit materials, liaise and coordinate with external auditor for the Company’s annual audit.
- Manage all aspects of full-cycle accounting, including:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- General ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Account reconciliations
- Manage the Company’s daily cash position, cash budgeting and variance analysis, including cash management, banking management, credit card payments and reconciliations.
- Manage the Company’s intangible assets valuation and impairment testing.
- Assist in other regulatory filings, such as gaming licence applications in regulated gaming jurisdictions.
- Management of other company issues, potentially including:
- Employer Health Tax (quarterly)
- Work Safe BC (annual)
- Employee benefit plans including annual review
- Establish and maintain internal financial control process and procedures.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements with non-controlling interest.
- Maintain share capital working papers for warrants and stock options based on Black-Scholes model.
- Maintain the Company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) system, including inventory accounting in partnership with the Company’s COO.
- Handle the Company’s GST filings (quarterly) and GST audit (if required), T2 Corporate tax (annually in partnership with the Company’s external auditors).
- Collaborate with the COO on application for federal and provincial tax credit programs, such as the BC IDMTC.
- Accounting for share-based payments, stock options, warrants, rights offerings and shares consolidation.
- Additional duties as required.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced in IFRS accounting policies and accounting treatment.
- CPA Designation.
- 2+ years as controller or financial manager with a publicly listed company.
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience in complex environment.
- Experience with Sage 300 and/or other ERP systems.
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills using Excel and other tools.
- Experience in IT company or manufacturing company preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) in English.
- Professional demeanor and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions within a loosely defined framework.
- Ability to develop and manage dynamic business processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful completion of a police background check.
Jackpot Digital Inc. is a leading electronic table games manufacturer for the cruise ship industry and regulated casino industry. The Company specializes in multiplayer gaming products, including poker and casino games, which are complimented by a robust suite of back end tools for operators to efficiently control and optimize their gaming business.
Job Type: Full-time