Controller – Jackpot Digital Inc.
We are looking for you to fill our role as Controller to manage the company’s finances, including audited financial statements, corporate filings with securities regulators, and full-cycle accounting. The ideal candidate combines strong financial and accounting acumen with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
We will provide a competitive salary, stock options, and an attractive company benefits package.
Key duties of this role include:
- Preparation of annual and quarterly consolidated financial statements in multi-currencies in accordance with IFRS.
- Preparation of annual and quarterly Management Discussion & Analysis (“MD&A”) in partnership with the Corporate Secretary for TSX filing.
- Assist in annual Form 20-F filing.
- Assist CEO and CFO in responding to BCSC inquires.
- Manage the Company’s payroll and related government remittances.
- Prepare audit materials, liaise and coordinate with external auditor for the Company’s annual audit.
- Manage all aspects of full-cycle accounting, including:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- General ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Account reconciliations
- Manage the Company’s daily cash position, cash budgeting and variance analysis, including cash management, banking management, credit card payments and reconciliations.
- Manage the Company’s intangible assets valuation and impairment testing.
- Assist in other regulatory filings, such as gaming licence applications in regulated gaming jurisdictions.
- Management of other company issues, potentially including:
- Employer Health Tax (quarterly)
- Work Safe BC (annual)
- Employee benefit plans including annual review
- Establish and maintain internal financial control process and procedures.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements with non-controlling interest.
- Maintain share capital working papers for warrants and stock options based on Black-Scholes model.
- Maintain the Company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) system, including inventory accounting in partnership with the Company’s COO.
- Handle the Company’s GST filings (quarterly) and GST audit (if required), T2 Corporate tax (annually in partnership with the Company’s external auditors).
- Collaborate with the COO on application for federal and provincial tax credit programs, such as the BC IDMTC.
- Accounting for share-based payments, stock options, warrants, rights offerings and shares consolidation.
- Additional duties as required.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced in IFRS accounting policies and accounting treatment.
- CPA Designation.
- 2+ years as controller or financial manager with a publicly listed company.
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience in complex environment.
- Experience with Sage 300 and/or other ERP systems.
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills using Excel and other tools.
- Experience in IT company or manufacturing company preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) in English.
- Professional demeanor and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions within a loosely defined framework.
- Ability to develop and manage dynamic business processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful completion of a police background check.
Jackpot Digital Inc. is a leading electronic table games manufacturer for the cruise ship industry and regulated casino industry. The Company specializes in multiplayer gaming products, including poker and casino games, which are complimented by a robust suite of back end tools for operators to efficiently control and optimize their gaming business.
Job Type: Full-time
Our office is located in the heart of Vancouver at 570 Granville Street. Easily accessible by public transit, our office is across the street from Pacific Centre and we are surrounded by restaurants and cafés.
Our warehouse is located in Burnaby at 4664 Lougheed Hwy. Just across from Brentwood Mall, our warehouse is easily accessible by public transit and Highway 1.
We are flexible with our employees and know that positive and loyal employees will fuel our company’s growth in the years to come. We believe that the strength of our company lies in our people and we are fortunate to have built a wonderful team of motivated and talented employees.
We continue to grow our team with like-minded individuals who are dedicated to our company’s products, clients, and shareholders. If you believe that your skills would be a valuable addition to our team, please e-mail your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.